Covid-19 Protocol- Beginning of and during Shift
- Prior to leaving home complete Covid-19 self-screening form. If you answer yes to any of the questions during your screening, please do not come to the park. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let park staff know you won’t be in for your shift.
- Ask Entrance Station staff to Radio 799 to inform them that you are at the park for a TPERP shift.
- Park in Traffic Circle and don protective face mask.
- The Ranger on Duty (799) will meet you at the flagpole with a radio, trailer key and Arrowhead magnets.
- Attach magnets to doors on car.
- Drive to Parking Lot 1 and park in one of the designated TPERP spaces (Orange Cones).
- Wear your personal mask while in the trailer with other volunteers or park staff (disposable masks are available inside the trailer on the wooden bench).
- Gear up at the trailer and sanitize equipment including walking sticks, backpack, etc.
- If you are the first shift of the day, remove Safety Ring & Rope Bag from trailer and place on Unstable Cliff Sign behind Post & Rope (there is a hook on the side of the sign).
- Maintain minimum 6-foot social distancing when interacting with visitors or other VIPs.
End of Shift
- If you are the last shift of the day, return Safety Ring & Rope Bag to the trailer.
- Return backpack and walking stick to trailer.
- Record number of contacts on log in trailer.
- Write down any interesting sightings or if any supplies are needed for your backpack or trailer.
- Sanitize walking stick, backpack, key, pen, and any other touched surface with Lysol®
- Lock trailer as you leave.
- Contact 799 when you are at the traffic circle.
- Return radio, trailer key and Arrowhead magnets to Ranger on Duty.
- Get magnetic A-frame tide sign ready (using visual examples in trailer, place correct tide height and time on sign) and place sign on tidepool path facing parking lot.
- Place Creature Feature magnetic A-frame sign on tidepool path.
- First Aid Kit
- Two Trash Bags (1 Large, 1 Small)
- Reference Books
- Tide Calendar
- Laminated Radio Code/Regulations Card
- Hand Counter
- Hand Sanitizer
- Business Cards
- Laminated Critter/Plant/Bird/Geology Cards
Last revised 13-Nov-21