March 21–23, 2016: 3 days of lighthouse events for CNM VIPs. RSVP today!!
Event #1: Monday, March 21, 2016, 6:00 p.m. – A continuing education opportunity and POTLUCK: Collaborative taco bar, root beer, and taco buffet
- Commemorating the 125th anniversary of the final night of operation at Old Point Loma Lighthouse, and transition to the re-established Point Loma Light Station, and Ballast Point Light Station, March 22 and 23, 1891. We will mingle, eat and enjoy the evening with descendants of Point Loma keepers, CNM staff, VIPs, our park partners CNMC and CNMFstaff and board members. Don’t miss the stories and pictures of San Diego’s lighthouses from the families who called them “home.”
- We’ll also review the plan for March 22 Open Tower.
- R.S.V.P.to Emily_Floyd@nps.gov and sign up to bring an important component for the taco buffet.
- Please bring your own plates and cups for easy clean up. Let’s all pack it in and pack it out.
Sign up to bring something below…
Appetizers and Salsa bar
Salsa – mild, medium or hot
Pico de gallo
Tortillas – corn, flour
Prepared taco meat – beef (ground or shredded), chicken, pork
Beans – black, pinto or refried
Vanilla ice cream
Other soft drinks
Event #2: March 22, 2016, 10 a.m.–3 p.m. – Open Tower Day
- Sign up to work a shift on Volgistics.
- Commemorating the last lighting of the Old Point Loma Lighthouse on March 22, 1891, and the transfer of operation to the new Point Loma Light Station closer to the sea.
- Climb to the top of the lighthouse from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.. (Park opens 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Special presentation at 11:30 a.m. in the auditorium, descendants of the keepers from the Point Loma Light Station will share their experiences growing up in a lighthouse.
Event #3: March 23, 2016, 10 a.m.–noon – Open Grounds Tour – New Point Loma Lighthouse
We’ve arranged a special open grounds tour of the lower lighthouse on. Carpool to the tidepool parking lot one and walk over to the light station. RSVP only.
Please RSVP to Emily at Emily_Floyd@nps.gov for the events or sign up on Volgistics to work Open Tower Day!
Thank you for supporting Cabrillo National Monument!