The Cabrillo National Monument Foundation is requesting volunteers for the Sunrise 5K on February 9. Please read the note below from Emily Moore, the Executive Director.
You will not find this in Volgistics, so if you are interested, please contact Emily directly.
Volunteers! We need about 15 of you!
If the shutdown is over by February 9, CNMF will be hosting the Cabrillo Sunrise 5k for about 300 participants!
The race route will start at the circle, go through the north parking lot around to the Cabrillo Sign overlooking Pacific Ocean, up behind the lighthouse, by the whale overlook, down to Bayside trail and back up to the finish line at the circle.
We need volunteers for:
- Living History volunteer to take pictures with the runners. Registration and check-in
- Entrance station
- directing runners through the parking lot
- directing runners around the corner to Cabrillo sign
- directing runners up behind the lighthouse
- directing runners across to the whale overlook
- directing runners to the drive going to down to Bayside Trail
- volunteer at the top of Bayside Trail driveway
- volunteers down at the Bayside trail where they need to turnaround and go back up the hill
- volunteers at street directing runners to finish line
- volunteers at water station near finish line
We will be purchasing cow bells and noise makers for volunteers to cheer on the runners and to create some excitement.
We are talking to a company to handle packet pick-up offsite a day or two before race, so we need only a couple people to do check-in and shirt/waivers for those who didn’t pick up their information.
Volunteer arrival time 5:45 – 6 am. Volunteer at entrance station start time at 6:30 am (gates open at 6:30 am)
Please contact Emily at email@example.com if you are interested! Thank you and we looking forward to hoping seeing you again soon!
If the shutdown is not over, then this event will be rescheduled.