We wanted to keep you busy while waiting to get back to Cabrillo. The quiz below shows clues about things at Cabrillo. Can you figure out what they are or what they refer to? Use the Ebinder, VOG and Cabrillo website for clues.
This quiz has a military theme.
- Do you know what this is and where is it located?
2. How about this one? Do you know where this is (was) located?
3. Who is Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery named after and approximately how many people are buried there?
4. Where was Battery Point Loma located (and no, Point Loma is not the answer we are looking for)? Can you still see part of it?
Good luck and have fun!
Answers to Home Quiz #1
- Barrel Cactus
- Gooseneck Barnacles (Pollicipes polymerus)
- When was the road to the lighthouse closed, and why? (The road was closed in 1972 because there were too many cars, which distracted from the visitor’s experience.)
- Today, descendants of the Kumeyaay people still live in San Diego on 13 reservations.